The JMG’s aims are:
- To collect, preserve and exhibit all elements relating to the history, tradition and culture of the Greek Jewish communities.
- To research, study and record the tangible and intangible cultural heritage of the Greek Jews and to communicate the results for the purposes of knowledge, education and enjoyment.
- To introduce visitors of all ages and nationalities to the diversity of the Greek Jewish heritage, within the context of Greek and European history, by committing itself to the renewal and upgrading of their experience in its physical and digital space.
- To observe the social mood and to contribute to the formation of current affairs with a focus on the museum tradition and ethics according to the principles of relevance, cooperation and openness.
- To promote public dialogue and tolerance and respect for people of all religions, races, cultures and ethnic backgrounds, using lessons from the Holocaust.