The JMG aims:
• To collect, preserve and exhibit all elements relating to the history, tradition and culture of the Greek Jewish communities.
• To research, study and record the tangible and intangible cultural heritage of the Greek Jews and to communicate the results for the purposes of knowledge, education and enjoyment.
• To introduce visitors of all ages and nationalities to the diversity of the Greek Jewish heritage, within the context of Greek and European history, by committing itself to renewing and upgrading their experience in its physical and digital space.
• To observe the social pulse and to contribute to the formulation of the current reality, based on museum traditions and ethics and guided by the principles of relevance, synergy and extroversion.
• To promote public dialogue and to cultivate intercultural understanding and respect among people of all religions, races, cultures and ethnic backgrounds, using lessons from the Holocaust.