Home Sitemap | Newsletter
 
» Architectural Elements
  Museum Artifact
Search


click to view
Dedication plaque
Title: Dedication plaque

Date: 1630

Description: Copy of a marble plaque, which rested above the lintel of the eastern window of a Synagogue in Herakleion built in the 15th century. The inscription records the dedication of a Torah scroll and the Hechal to the Synagogue by Israel Jacob Khouli son of Rabbi Solomon in 1630. The original is at the Historical Museum of Herakleion, Crete.

Language: Heb.

Format: No measurements available

Rights: The Jewish Museum of Greece

Data Provider: The Jewish Museum of Greece

Provider: Judaica Europeana, Greece

Source: The Jewish Museum of Greece

Provenance: Herakleion, Crete

Publisher: The Jewish Museum of Greece

Subject: Architectural Elements, Jewish Inscriptions, Tombstones, Jewish Cemeteries of Greece

Type: Image

Jewish Museum of Greece 2010 | Powered by Web Arts